Friday, September 10, 2010

Freedom Walk

"Freedom Walks were started in 2005 by Pentagon employees wishing to commemorate the attacks on the Pentagon and the towers and honor the lives of those lost on September 11th, 2001. They now have become a way to renew our commitment to freedom and to honor all who help us maintain our freedom especially our veterans, past and present."
Kate along with her class, the school and all 4 schools on Fort Leavenworth participated in a Freedom Walk today. They walked from their school to a central location for a short ceremony. They recited the Pledge of Allegiance, sang the National Anthem and other patriotic songs then walked back to school.
Walking with the school.
Waiting for everyone to get in their place
Singing...I think she is moving her arms like a bird.
My patriotic girl.

I think they all had a great time. I am so glad I was able to join Kate and her class and participate in the walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment