Sunday, May 3, 2009

Visit to the Dentist

Both Kate and Cole had a visit to the dentist last month. It was the first visit for both of them. We had been meaning to take Kate since she was one and started being covered by our insurance, but we just now finally got around to it (mind you I made the appointment back in December and couldn't get them in until April--apparently pediatric dentistry is the way to go.) The kids LOVED the waiting room with all of the toys, video games, movies and fish, but then we had to go in.
Kate did a GREAT job "getting her picture taken" (x-ray's) but then decided she didn't want to be there any more. Cole cried the whole time. When the dentist looked at his teeth and cleaned them he screamed bloody murder! I didn't get any pictures of Cole because I was holding him down. Here is a picture of Kate getting her teeth cleaned. She was fine with this until they started with the fluoride. Now Kate is crying! She said it hurt...
All I can say is thank goodness there were no cavities! I can't imagine how they would react to getting shots in their mouths! Kate hasn't complained about having to brush her teeth since the appointment. I hope she doesn't think she won't have to go back if she brushes good... Kate was thrilled with her stickers and new toothbrush. Cole was thrilled with his balloon. I guess it wasn't all bad!

Now we get to do it all over in 6 months! Yea! I think I will let Daddy take them this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment