Friday, January 22, 2010

The Day Daddy Left

As most of you know, Oliver had to go to a class in Virginia for 3 1/2 months. He left on Saturday the 9th around 5am. I went back to sleep for a little while, then was awakened by Cole around 6:30. At this point I try to turn on the kitchen sink and no water comes out of the faucet. I look at the thermometer and it is 12 degrees outside. So... (to quote myself from facebook) "It's 12 degrees, pipes are frozen, no water and Oliver left this morning... Yay me!"

On top of it all my kiddos do not have winter hats that fit their 110 percentile heads.

We finally got water back on around 10:30am so we could wash our faces and brush our teeth and we were off to the mall in search of hats. It was after Christmas, so retailers think people only need spring clothes now, so hats were not easy to find. Finally we stumbled upon a clearance rack and these are the hats we got...They wouldn't have been my first choices. Cole is thrilled as you can see...

I'm not sure what kind of a model pose this is. I think all of my picture taking has created a monster.
This one is for daddy. Kate said "Take a picture of me by this bear for Daddy. He will LOVE it" All in all we are doing fine. We all REALLY miss Oliver a lot, but at least he is in the country and only 1 time zone away this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment